Last updated: 28 February 2023
Collection of information
Personal Data Collected Directly from You
FunChip Games processes your personal data in order to provide the Services by downloading, accessing and/or playing our games or using our other Services. Most of this data comes directly from you. We collect the following information you provide in connection with our Services:
• Information collected via our customer support channels: when you interact with us via our customer support provider, we ask you to provide your username and email, and any information you choose to provide to allow us to assist you like Game ID, team/club name, device brand and model, advertising ID, transaction records or device language.
• Information you provide when using the Games: when you play the Games, we may ask you to choose a username.
• Feedback and ratings you provide relating to our Services.
Information we collect automatically through the Services
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you, including:
Information we collect from third-parties
If you log into the Services using a third-party site or platform such as Facebook, Apple Game Center and Google Sign-In, we access information about you from that site or platform, such as your screen name, profile information and friend lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party site or platform provided that you have given the third-party site in question such consent.
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
• Google Play Games: https://policies.google.com/privacy
If you log into the Services using a third-party site or platform, you represent and warrant that your access and use of such features in connection with the Services will comply with the applicable terms and policies of such site or platform; and that you are over the minimum age limit that is prescribed for such third-party site or platform by the legislation in the individual jurisdictions.
Use of information - purpose and legal basis
We use information about you for the following purposes in accordance with the legal bases for each type of personal data as described below:
• To provide and maintain the Services and the game experience;
• To enable us to provide our games (Services), to ensure that your purchases are activated in the games, and to provide you with player support if you need it;
• To enable us to optimize our Services for you and for the device that you are using, as well as to deliver customized in-game events, offers and promotions;
• To communicate with you regarding App-related information, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• To personalize and improve the Services and provide tailored content and features;
• To respond to your comments and inquiries and provide customer support services;
• To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services;
• To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services;
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues and bugs;
• To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
• To enable players to communicate with each other in games or on our social media accounts;
• To serve advertising;
• To provide and deliver the products and services you request and send you related information.
We only process your information to the extent that is necessary to achieve the purposes for which the information has been collected.
Storage of information
Your Information is kept for as long as necessary in order to provide you with the Services or otherwise fulfill the purposes as described above unless further storage is required in order to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim or to comply with applicable law, including accounting rules.
Sharing of information
We disclose information about you to the following categories of recipients based on the legal bases under Sections 6(1)(b), 6(1)(c) and 6(1)(f) of the GDPR (see a description of the legal bases above):
• Social networks, see more under "Social Sharing features";
• Third parties if we are required to disclose your personal data by applicable law, rule, regulation, legal process or in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
• The authorities if we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our policies or if the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of FunChip or others;
• Other players in order to provide certain in-app features, such as leaderboards, if you log into the Services using a third-party service;
Furthermore, if you have given your consent in accordance with Section 6(1)(a) of the GDPR, we share your Device identifiers to advertising network companies for the purpose of them serving behavioral advertisements to you within the Services.
Social sharing features
The Services offer or can offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like”, “Share” button), which let you share actions you take in the Services with other media. You must be over the minimum age limit that is prescribed by the legislation in the individual jurisdictions to use any social sharing features integrated in the Services. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature.
If you have additional questions about FunChip's privacy practices related to children under the applicable minimum age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device to provide game-related information, service updates, promotional communications and other related messages, if you have agreed to such notifications. You can deactivate these notifications by changing your notification settings on your device.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Services. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
You agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using an Account registered to you. FunChip Game Studio may revise the pricing for the goods and services offered through the Service at any time. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT FunChip GAME STUDIO IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND OR ANY REASON THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR UNUSED VIRTUAL RESOURCES WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER SUCH CLOSURE WAS VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY.
If you are based in the EEA, Switzerland, or are a legal resident of California in the U.S., you have certain rights in relation to your Information. For Californian residents, please refer to Addendum 1 – California Privacy Rights... For EEA, United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Brazil-based, you will find more information below on when which rights can apply. To exercise your rights, please follow the procedure set out below, use our web form (and choose: Type of issue ‘Related to my account’ > ‘I have data related question’), or email us at email@example.com
• Access: You have the right to access information and to receive an explanation of how we use it and who we share it with. This right is not absolute. For example, we cannot reveal trade secrets or give you Information about other individuals.
• Erasure: You have the right to request deletion of your Information. We may need to retain some of your Information where there are valid grounds for us to do so under data protection laws. For example, for the defence of legal claims, respect freedom of expression, or where we have an overriding legitimate interest to do so, but we will let you know when this is the case. Note that where the Information is held by a third-party data controller, such as an advertising partner or a payment processor, we will use reasonable steps to inform them of your request, but we recommend you contact them directly in accordance with their own privacy policies to ensure your personal data is erased.
• Objection and withdrawal of consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent where you previously provided such consent; or object to our processing of your Information where we process such Information based on our legitimate interests (see above under How we use your personal Information).
• Portability: You have the right to receive a copy of the Information we process based on consent or contract in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format or to request that such Information is transferred to a third-party.
• Correction: You have the right to correct any Information held about you that is inaccurate.
• Restriction: You have a right, in certain circumstances, to stop us from processing Information other than for storage purposes.